An international career in the UK, Australia and France, human resources, entrepreneur, coach & facilitator….
..but who am I ?
Doing things I love, has so far been a good way to orient my career. Firstly, in the HR departments of the Tate Gallery and London Arts, I supported people in their jobs and worked in an inspiring, artistic environment.
Whilst living in Sydney, I discovered I LOVED being a waitress. I exceled in developing human relationships with customers (while making an excellent cappuccino!) so back in the UK, I set myself the challenge of opening my own café. ‘Merienda’ was born and after lots of fun, hard work and success, I jumped into my next adventure in France.
Since arriving here over 12 years ago, I’ve relied on my previous experience in human resources, management and training to design and deliver effective corporate training. I founded Ameliore in 2018 and today, as an accredited coach, I continue to help managers, teams and entrepreneurs improve their international performance.
Areas of focus
Managing multiculturelle teams
International customer service
Developing an international mindset
- Founder of Ameliore Coaching – for international individuals and teams
- Design, implementation and execution of coaching and training through Chamber of Commerce France
- Industry expertise: production, digital, pharmaceutical, tourism & art sector
- Founder and manager Merienda – UK
- HR Partner Hanimex Australia
- HR Partner Tate Gallery & London Arts UK
- 2000+ coaching hours and training,
- Professional and Team Coach certified by Erickson Coaching International
- Professional Coach accredited ACC by the International Coach Federation
- Intercultural trainer certified by LTS training and consulting
- Workplace Mediation Practitioner AIM awards
- CELTA certificate training for adults
- Degree BA Hons in Anthropology
I benefited from the coaching sessions with Kay for nearly 6 months. Kay provided me with valuable moments of reflection. I was able to question my ideas, challenge them in order to better progress in achieving my objectives. The sessions provided me with food for thought and allowed me to take a number of decisions more calmly. Kay offered me this service in English: it was a real added value for me because I also improved my use of this language and my Anglo-Saxon business culture, which are essential to the exercise of my profession.
Véronique Gargam, HR Director Orange